And without further ado, here’s what’s going on in the world of gin this week:
New Product Launches
- It’s out! King of Soho London Dry Gin is out. [UK]
- It’s Out! Seagram’s has launched a new addition to their twisted gin lineup: Red Berry.
- It’s Out! The Meyer family’s Cornwall, UK distilled Elemental Gin has launched, the first gin distilled in Cornwall in 3 centuries.
- It’s Out! Sylvius Gin hails from the Netherlands and a distiller which started distilling in the 1650′s. Their gin is also out.
- Coming Soon… Rochester, NY Black Button Distilling is preparing to open soon. Among their planned spirits, are corn whiskey and a gin.
Who Else Was Talking about Gin this Week?
- Hendrick’s Quinine Cordial is out, perfect for gin drinkers in search of something different for their Tom Collins.
- Too Many Greengages lying around? Tired of Sloes? How about this recipe….
- London Cocktail week is nearly upon us! Gin cocktail aficionados rejoice!
- How many gins can say their inspiration was a “porn baron?”
- The folks behind Kangaroo Island Spirits in Australia share a bit about the inspiration for their craft gin.
Gin Reviews from Other Writers
- Hendrick’s Gin [Cocktail Geek]
- Potter’s London Dry Gin [Rum Howler]
- Greenhook Ginsmith’s Beach Plum Gin Liqueur [Drinkhacker]
- Greyling Modern Dry Gin [Intoxicology]
- Opihr Dry Gin [Domestic Sluttery]
- New Amsterdam Gin [Whiskey Detectives]
“We have never understood the aversion to gin that so often plagues members of our generation. It’s baffling, really. Perhaps it’s the herbaceous nature of the spirit that scares off the uninitiated. It could be the perceived nature of the spirit as a drink only for old dudes and younger grandmothers. I believe real reason is that most folks my age simply have never tried good gin the right way.” [Source]